A company registered in any part of the world can have a representative office of the same in UAE. Foreign companies are permitted to establish wholly owned branches and representative offices in the U.A.E. however, these offices are limited in the activities they may conduct. A representative office theoretically is limited to gathering information and soliciting orders and projects to be performed by the company's head office. The representative offices are also limited in the number of employees they may sponsor (typically three or four). A representative office serves as an administrative and marketing centre for the foreign company. By contrast, a branch office is a full-fledged business, permitted to perform contracts or conduct other activities as Specified in its license.
A representative office is not permitted to earn profits within the UAE and the activities it may undertake in the UAE are limited to marketing and promotion of its foreign parent company products and services. Branch and representative offices share many similar features, as both operate under the authority of a commercial registration and licence in the name of the foreign company - and both are required to appoint a local services agent, who must be a UAE national. The process for establishing either a branch or representative office is therefore largely the same.
The process of establishing Representative office/ Branch Office
- Find a local service agent
- Trade name Reservation
- Apply in the Ministry of Economy
- Obtain licence from the Department of Economic Development
- Completion of administrative tasks
- Become a member of chamber of commerce and industry
What Danburite can do for you
- We help set up company in Abudhabi
- We help open the bank account for the company
- Provide end to end assistance to incorporate the company
- We execute all PRO services for the company
- We arrange all stationary, para legal, drafting, business plans for the company